As both a licensed real estate broker and attorney, Derek brings to the table a unique combination of real estate experience and law that greatly assists clients in the disposition of real property that is either subject to the mandated probate process or held in trust. Routinely, Derek works with executors, conservators, attorneys and professional fiduciaries and assists in selling what is often times, the most valuable asset of the estate.
Having extensive experience in both probate and trust sales, Derek knows the importance of good communication with your probate or trust attorney to facilitate a smooth close of escrow. It is important to note that as either an executor, trustee or conservator, you owe a duty to be well informed. Derek will work with all parties involved to thoroughly explain the process so all understand the nuances of the sale.
Probate and trust sales are unlike your traditional equity sale. Derek will communicate with your attorney to ensure all preliminary matters pertaining to the sale of the real property has been accomplished. This includes paperwork requirements and necessary court filings.
Some typical duties performed in the sale of a probate or trust property:
- Ensuring all proper paperwork is utilized (special disclosure requirements depending on type of sale),
- Counseling of agents and prospective buyers in a straight forward manner of the nuances of the sale,
- Market value letter and comparative market analysis of the subject property,
- Coordinate re-keying of the property
- Coordinate cleaning out of the property
- Coordinate estate liquidator for personal property
- Assist in eliminating any adverse factors that will hasten the sale of the property
- Acquisition of preliminary title reports, property searches to quickly find deeds of trust and liens
- Make court appearances with attorneys
- Experienced with occupied property